Friday, January 2, 2009

Pink or Blue?



Today, we got to learn of the gender of newest wee one! I have been counting the days and all the while, having a "boy vibe". My "girl vibe" with Karina was on target, so I was (foolishly) pretty confident I was right again. ;-) Not so! Girls seem to be the theme in not only my family (across the board), but for Mark, as well! I believe the Universe knows what's best for us and what we can handle (at least I sure hope so!). When my doctor spotted her genitalia, my first thought was "Hey! That's not a penis!" I really had myself convinced. :-) Karina kept saying "why am I having a sister?" There are definitely things (I have discovered) that are tricky to explain to a 3-year-old! It took me a few days to think of my precious unborn baby as "pink" instead of "blue," but it's all perfect. Hopefully Karina and her sister will share a lifetime of a beautiful friendship.

These pictures were taken at the end of January, so close enough. :-) We get a live footage added to our DVD at every visit, so still shots aren't always easy to acquire. These were from my "targeted ultrasound" that was done at the hospital. They measure everything and take a very close look. Everything looked great! What a cutie!

PINK!!

No comments: