Thursday, October 2, 2008

Karina's 3rd Birthday

Our "little baby" turned three today! Wow. Time sure does fly! She was so excited and is very eager to be a "grown up"! Today is also pregnancy test day! I have most definitely noticed how "interesting" it is that we did the transfer on the 22nd (my favorite number), and get the results on our first angel's birthday. I took those both as very good signs! I didn't want anything to take away from Karina's special day, so I was that much more THRILLED that the test came back positive! The Universe must be listening. :-)
Karina and I started our day with a trip to Krispy Kreme with our MOMS Club friends!

After a trip to the hospital for my blood test, Karina and I went over to our friends' Keri and Evelyn's house for lunch and to await the results (for which I wanted some company). It was glorious! My nurse called and she sounded like she was smiling! I said "you sound happy!" to which she replied "Congratulations! You're pregnant!" I was ELATED and had tears of joy. Karina asked "are you pregnant?" I told her I was while still on the phone. Not as ceremonial as I had envisioned, but that's how life goes sometimes. :-)

We had a wonderful celebration with our friends and I made several, emotional and extremely joy-filled phone calls. I called Mark (first, of course), and JUST like last time, I couldn't get a hold of him right away. I was amazed that history had repeated itself. When I finally got a hold of him, I greeted him with "Hi, Daddy!". He said "hello". So I said it again, to which he replied "hi". Then I said "Hi, Daddy, AGAIN!" and after several seconds, it clicked! We were so happy, but a bit nervous since my nurse told me that she wouldn't be AT ALL surprised if it was twins since my numbers were strong and a bit high. YIKES (we both thought)!
Once Mark came home from work, we took Karina to Chuck E. Cheese's with some friends to celebrate her special day. She loves that place. Thank you, Grandma for her adorable dress!


Upon our return back home, it was time for her to open her gifts from family. Her party with friends was scheduled for the upcoming Saturday.


My sister, Astrid, sent her this HUGE bag FILLED with so many gifts that would thrill any three-year-old to pieces! It was amazing and Karina was in birthday HEAVEN. :-)


Boy, did she love this Princess Annika costume and wand!


It was a great day and we had MUCH to celebrate!! :-)

With the help of generous contributions from Grandpa and Uncle Donald (two of her kindred birthday spirits), we all pitched in to give Karina this trampoline. We got snow in mid-October (when this was taken), which is unusual! It's such a great way for her to get exercise and fresh air at the same time. :-)




Myspace Graphics
Myspace Graphics, Pregnancy Graphics at WishAFriend.com

No comments: