Sunday, August 31, 2008

Visit to Connecticut

As Karina and I headed back to the States from Scandinavia, we stopped in Connecticut (where my mother and middle sister live) to celebrate my birthday, spend a little more time with family, and adjust our body clocks a little more slowly.
She always has so much fun with her cousins...

My childhood best friend, Ginny, was SO great to come up from New Canaan to spend my birthday with me! We all went to Lake Compounce, which is a large amusement and water park, and had a really fun, yet exhausting day. Karina went to bed at 6:30 and missed the birthday festivities that included cake! She was POOPED!

It's a good thing I could laugh about turning 44!

Or could I???

It was so nice to be back in Connecticut with my mother and sister for my birthday. It had been a long time (and I really missed my mother's homemade cakes!)!

I received this beautiful necklace and shawl from my cousin Anna in Norway (we share the same birthday), and I think Ginny and I were REALLY punchy from exhaustion! We were getting very silly... (and having LOTS of fun!)


No comments: